Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tuesday 2010-05-04

This evening I am meant to be going to the second week of Womens Running Network... but today was my first full day at work in over 2 weeks, and I'm ashamed to say I'm knackered from it. How lame is that!  To be fair to myself, I've not had a day off training since last Monday. But really I should have planned better, and taken a planned day off rather than waiting until I got to the point I was too tired to do something I'd been really looking forward to. Idiot that I am!


I got up and did a little yoga before work this morning, as I knew it was going to be a hectic day and thought I could do with quieting my mind a little before getting started. And I've told myself that if I'm not doing running club then I can't just spend the evening in front of the TV; I need to do something constructive. 

I think I'm doing pretty well with keeping up the exercise (today's let-down notwithstanding); I think my problem is with the food. Someone at work did compliment me today, saying that I seem to have lost weight while I was off, which was nice - and I have lost about a pound and a half - but if I'd not eaten half my bodyweight in chocolate and biscuits while I was off I probably would have lost a lot more! I need to be way more strict with myself on this if I'm going to get to where I'm going. I think part of the problem is that I've not set a proper goal weight or anything like that. Perhaps I should... Perhaps I should have a look at places like Weight Watchers and see what a sensible weight for someone my height would be. I'm thinking around 133lbs, or 9.5 stones. I've no idea if that's too much or too little, but I guess it'll do for now. To be honest I think I'd be happy just to be below 140 so that can be my interim goal.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up for Spin class before work, as I can't make the lunch time class. And hopefully some abs work either after Spin or when I get home from work. Now I need to go and make a packed breakfast and lunch for tomorrow, to make sure I don't end up getting a bag of crisps and a Kit Kat from the sandwich lady like I did this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment