Thursday 13 May 2010

Thursday 2010-05-13

Well I didn't make spin class yesterday, due to work gumpf.
Am off work today though, so no excuses. For reasons known only to the voices in my head, I was awake at 6:30 this morning despite the absence of alarm clocks or the need to be up. So I got up and went to the gym early...

Lateral raises on a stability ball 2x3kg x 12
Front raises on a stability ball 2x3kg x 12
2 sets

Bicep curls on a stability ball 2x4kg x 12
Stability ball dumbbell tricep extensions 7kg x 12
2 sets

I did the above twice over - so essentially  4 sets of each.

cable tricep pull down with side lunge - 7.5kg, 10kg, 10kg, 7.5kg x 12
bicep pull down - 20kg, 22.5kg, 22.5kg, 20kg x 12
4 sets (weights represent what I did for each set)

Stability ball plank 30 seconds
Stability ball roll out x 12
4 sets

Then I did a fair bit of stretching - am worried about my left hip, which seems to be in a bad mood with me these days, and is definitely not as flexible as the right one. So I stretched the hell out of my whole body.

Then a few minutes in the steam room - but I'm easily bored and there is nothing to occupy the mind in there.
And then swimming, as it was quiet. The pool was disgusting though - the water level was really low, so you could clearly see the tide mark from where it usually is (the pool is never cleaned as far as I can tell) and the water was really cold. Still, I managed 34 lengths (it's a tiny pool - about 15 metres I think), then went for a little sit in the spa pool.

So yes, I feel like I've been reasonably productive today, and all before 10am!
Am off out to a gig with some friends tonight so not sure if I'll be up early for the gym tomorrow. Will definitely be there at some point though.

Oh I almost forgot, I weighed myself this morning and appear to have lost another pound - so that's 4 pounds since I went back to the gym at the beginning of April. I don't trust it though, I generally don't count a loss until I've seen it at least twice on the scales  - otherwise it could just be a fluke! So watch this space.
I should probably start posting weekly weigh-ins and all that jazz... I always forget to do that stuff though. Am lame. We'll see how I feel this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment