Sunday 9 May 2010

Sunday 2010-05-09

I didn't go to the gym yesterday; I had sort of planned to, but when it came to getting out of bed I just couldn't be bothered. That's not really the best attitude to have, but I figured, I've been exercising all week, I can take a day off. And so I took a total day off everything, and spent the entire time on the sofa under a duvet, watching terrible TV and dodgy movies.

So this morning I woke up with a feeling of  "should really make up for yesterday's slackness..." and so I did. I feel I may regret this, when I try to get out of bed in the morning!

Overhead squats (with a weighted bar) x 10
Overhead lunges x 10 each leg

Squats 15kg x 12
Deadlifts 15kg x 12
Dead row 15kg x 12
4 sets, no break in between

Lunge & scaption 2kg x 12 each side
Wall squat & shoulder press 2x2kg x 12
3 sets

BOSU squats 2x7kg x 12
lunges 2x7kg x 12 each side
3 sets

Single leg deadlift 7kg x 12 each side
Sprint touch-backs 2x3kg x 20 each side
3 sets

Plank step-ups x 12 (6 each side)
Stability ball roll-out x 12
3 sets

Bicep pull down 20kg x 12
3 sets
(no idea what the correct name is for this, but I used the cables and the small straight bar. Am trying to build upper body strength so that I can do pull-ups, to prove a point to myself)

By this point my legs were shaking, my arms and back were sore, and I was really quite tired. So I went and had a shower.

I think this afternoon I'll try and do some stretching and use a pilates ball to massage my legs, I'm planning to go to the gym in the morning and do some cardio so it'll be handy if I can at least walk!

I'm not doing so well mentally at the moment, I've been pretty down and depressed about things and it's affecting my diet in a very bad way. I'm managing to keep up the gym routine though, which is helping. Last time this happened I basically dropped everything, and it just made everything worse, and for longer. Hopefully if I keep trudging through I'll come out the other side that much quicker. Much as I'm tempted to just throw my hands up and spend the next 2 weeks on the sofa under a duvet with a family pack of chocolate digestives, we all know that's a bad idea. Don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment