Monday 10 May 2010

Monday 2010-05-10

I woke up with my alarm this morning, which was a nice feeling. Normally I snooze for the first ten minutes, and then have a little internal argument with my inner sloth, before dragging myself out of bed and into my gym kit. Not so today! I was at the gym within 5 minutes of their opening, booked in for Spin class and doing some warm-up abs work while I waited for the class.
Except only 2 people booked in for the class, and that's not enough to make the instructor want to get a sweat on, so it was cancelled. I was secretly grateful, as a) my legs are very sore from yesterday, and b) it meant I could finish my workout earlier than the class finished, thus allowing me to get to work earlier, and therefore finish my 7.5 hours' work earlier, get home earlier... you see where this is going. I LOVE my couch and duvet!

Any way, here is what I did...

pilates ball arms and legs (you lay on  your back with the ball under your lower backs, arms and legs in the air, and lower alternate arms and legs) x 12
Stability ball plank 30 seconds
2 sets

Stability ball roll out x 12
Stability ball plank 30 seconds
2 sets

Treadmill - incline 5, speed 5.5km/h for 5 minutes (vague attempt at beginning to train for Snowdon)
Treadmill - incline 0, speed 8.5km/h for 5 minutes
Stepper - level 6, 5 minutes

Then I stopped and did a lot of stretching in an attempt to make my legs a little more flexible for the day.

At lunch time I came back to the gym and did Body Balance, which hurt like a hurty thing, but did help with my legs. Also I was impressed with myself that I managed to do the balancing things. I need to work on the Standing Strength though, I always need to stand up out of the poses. Possibly because I always seem to be sore from a particularly tough leg workout the previous day. Hmm perhaps I should plan a little better!

Tomorrow I'm going to go and do some fannying about before work, possibly some weights or just abs (I found what can only be described as an evil abs workout on Turbulence Training here) which I'm dying to try out. In the evening I have running club, which I missed last week so I'm determined to make it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment