Thursday 6 May 2010

Thursday 2010-05-06

Shoulders and arms today. I managed to get to the gym just after it opened as well, which I was pretty impressed with. I love early starts - I'm not even joking, 6:15am is the perfect time to wander across Town Path to the gym.


Lateral raises - 2x23kg x 12
Front raises 2x3kg x 12
3 sets

BOSU squat & shoulder press 2x2kg x 12
Cable tricep pulldown with side lunge - 7.5kg x 12
3 sets

Bicep curl on a stability ball 2x4kg x 12
Stability ball dumbbell tricep extension - 7kg x 12
3 sets

Stability ball plank - 30 seconds
Stability ball roll-out x 12
3 sets

I managed to get the whole workout done, lots of stretching, and showered and into work half an hour early. Am very impressed with myself.

I also put my weights up higher than I would normally do, so am pleased I managed to finish all my sets. Next time I do this workout I'm going to try and increase my sets... and maybe weights as well.

The food is still going pretty badly, I just can't seem to stop myself eating loads of chocolate, which is annoying considering how much effort I'm putting into the gym - I really feel like I've been getting somewhere the past week with the weights I've been lifting, and I've definitely seen improvements in my body - but I'm not losing the fat because I'm replacing what I burn off almost straight away!

I was going to try and do yoga class tonight, but I've decided to just do some stretching at home and do some cardio etc at the gym in the morning instead. Best of both that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment