Sunday 2 May 2010

Sunday 2010-05-02

More weights today. I've put together 3 sets of exercises to do on a rotating basis when I go to the gym, today was the first day working off these...

Overhead squats (with weighted bar) x 10
Overhead lunges x 10 each side

Squats 15kg x 12
Dead lifts 15kg x 12
Dead row 15kg x 12
4 sets (resting only between 3rd and 4th set)

Lunge & scaption - 2kg x 12 each side
Wall squat with shoulder press 2x2kg x 12
3 sets

Stability ball shoulder raises 2x3kg x 12
Plate slide & press up x 12
Single leg pull down 15kg x 12 (6 each leg)
3 sets

Stability ball plank 30 seconds
Stability ball roll out x 12
Stability ball plank and toe tap x 12
4 sets

I think I worked harder than normal, which is good. I've a feeling my legs will ache in the morning, which is the sort of result you want to see really - otherwise you just know you probably should have pushed harder!

The plan for the following week is:

Monday - next weight set
Tuesday - swimming in the morning, running club in the evening
Wednesday - weight set in the morning
Thursday - cardio of some description
Friday - weights
Saturday - off
Sunday - weights

I might skip the swimming Tuesday morning, depending on how I feel; it'll be my first full day at work in over 2 weeks so I might just have a lie in.
On Thursdays from next week I'm starting to do some running training with a friend but she can't make this week so I'll have to make my own entertainment.

I weighed myself this morning. When I weighed myself on Friday I'd not lost any real weight (about half a pound) and wasn't best pleased. This morning I found that I'd actually lost 2 pounds. Not sure which one to believe, but I know which one I want to believe! I seem to have more trouble losing weight than inches, which is irritating - but I guess if my clothes fit me better then my weight is kind of inconsequential... until I go to the doctor and they tell me I'm overweight!

No comments:

Post a Comment