Friday 30 April 2010

Friday 2010-04-30

I weighed myself this morning, and was disappointed to find that I've only lost about half a pound since the beginning of April. I have, however, lost an inch from my hips, and another from my waist. So I'm claiming that as a victory.

I was a little achey this morning from yesterday's efforts, but nothing too bad. So I figured I'd go to the gym and see if I could create some major DOMS for a Saturday morning...

Overhead squats (with weighted bar) x10
Overhead lunges x 10 each side

Squats - 20kg x 12
Deadlifts - 20kg x 12
4 sets

Shoulder side raises on stability ball 2x3kg x 12
Shoulder press on stability ball 2x3kg x 12
3 sets

Bicep curls on stability ball 2x3kg x 12
Tricep extension on stability ball (laying on ball) 6kg x 12
3 sets

Stability ball plank x 30 seconds
Stability ball roll out x 12
4 sets

I think I will probably ache in a lot of places tomorrow.
Also can probably stand to put the weight up a little for biceps/triceps next time - but the shoulder one was tough!

I think the lack of weight loss is mainly down to my diet, which has been rather shocking - and also the fact that although I've been going to the gym, I've not really been pushing myself too hard. I was in the weights bay the other day when a friend of mine was having a PT session and she was really being pushed... I can't afford to go back to PT sessions yet so I have to kick my own arse in the gym or I won't see the results I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment